Our focus in on four main areas:
Strong Administrative Leadership
Our foundation of experienced leadership will work for you, making meetings more efficient, board operations smoother, and membership more valuable for your members
- Executive Director Services – Whatever the size of your association, we have experience providing leadership and board management services to help associations grow and learn.
- Strategic Planning – We support your boards and committees with efficient meeting scheduling, annual board orientations, and the creation and upkeep of board manuals.
- Membership – Management of membership renewal, recruitment, and retention.
- Sponsorship – We support in securing sponsors, managing payment, and delivering on advertising exposure to build value for your stakeholders.
Communications, Relationship Building, & Events
We pride ourselves on our time-honoured and tested systems that enable our staff to execute over 65 events a year with great success.
- Education – From seminars and panels to conferences, we’re experienced in bringing personal & professional development into the networking world
- Galas and Trade Shows– Effective planning of small and large scale events, from the smallest details to the high level objectives for your association.
- Golf Tournaments & Sporting Events – Bringing social activities and networking together, our expertise will make your association’s events memorable.
- Leveraging Technology – We manage your events using intuitive online registration and reporting tools.
Financial Planning & Management
We work with your Board and Financial Committees to administer funds, manage expenditures, and free up your resources to make running your association easier.
- Budgeting – Preparation of comprehensive budgets and securing adequate funding for operations.
- Accountability – Ensure that the organization is legislation compliant, and that sound book-keeping and accounting procedures are followed.
- Reporting – Comprehensive, regular reporting on revenues and expenditures
Marketing & Advocacy
Our experienced staff boast years of marketing and advertising know-how, and offer a full suite of services to build value for your members while taking your message to the forefront.
- Website Services – From web design and creation to ongoing management, we offer a true full service solution.
- Digital Presence – Social media is our specialty, promoting traffic to your website while supplementing marketing initiatives to build value for your members, both current and prospective
- Creative Writing and Design – Our staff have years of advertising and marketing experience, bringing vibrance to your messaging.
- Advocacy – From grass-roots lobbying campaigns and correspondence to the development of databases to support those activities, we take your objectives where they need to go.
While some AMCs experience a high rate of staff transiency, Essentient prides itself on maintaining a stable team, ensuring consistency and continuity for our clients.
Our team is strongly supported in ongoing professional development pursuits by belonging to the Canadian Society of Association Executives, Meeting Professionals International, the Association Management Company Institute and the American Society of Association Executives.
Constance Wrigley-Thomas, CAE
Owner/Executive Director Services
Associate Executive Director
Director of Events
Director of Marketing & Communications
Digital Media Specialist
Unlike many Association Management Companies who are either secretariat or event companies first, Essentient is an AMC first and provides full-service management to each one of its valued clients. From governance to finance, marketing communications to events, and membership development to technology, our experienced and strategic team of association professionals has every one of your organization’s needs covered.
Constance Wrigley-Thomas, CAE, founder and owner of Essentient Association Management was recently featured in two explainer videos that were developed by OREA for local real estate associations, their volunteers and staff. Both videos are on the topic of mentorship,...
Meeting Professionals International Toronto Chapter has shone the spotlight on Essentient Association Management's own Constance Wrigley-Thomas, CAE who shared her insights on risk management of events in a COVID world in their Spring 2020 magazine. The article can be...
Burlington, ON (February 13, 2019) - The AMC (Association Management Company) Institute recently announced its 2019 Board of Directors at its annual meeting in Austin, Texas. The new board includes Constance Wrigley-Thomas, CAE, Owner & CEO of Burlington,...