Our focus in on four main areas:
Strong Administrative Leadership
Our foundation of experienced leadership will work for you, making meetings more efficient, board operations smoother, and membership more valuable for your members
- Executive Director Services – Whatever the size of your association, we have experience providing leadership and board management services to help associations grow and learn.
- Strategic Planning – We support your boards and committees with efficient meeting scheduling, annual board orientations, and the creation and upkeep of board manuals.
- Membership – Management of membership renewal, recruitment, and retention.
- Sponsorship – We support in securing sponsors, managing payment, and delivering on advertising exposure to build value for your stakeholders.
Communications, Relationship Building, & Events
We pride ourselves on our time-honoured and tested systems that enable our staff to execute over 65 events a year with great success.
- Education – From seminars and panels to conferences, we’re experienced in bringing personal & professional development into the networking world
- Galas and Trade Shows– Effective planning of small and large scale events, from the smallest details to the high level objectives for your association.
- Golf Tournaments & Sporting Events – Bringing social activities and networking together, our expertise will make your association’s events memorable.
- Leveraging Technology – We manage your events using intuitive online registration and reporting tools.
Financial Planning & Management
We work with your Board and Financial Committees to administer funds, manage expenditures, and free up your resources to make running your association easier.
- Budgeting – Preparation of comprehensive budgets and securing adequate funding for operations.
- Accountability – Ensure that the organization is legislation compliant, and that sound book-keeping and accounting procedures are followed.
- Reporting – Comprehensive, regular reporting on revenues and expenditures
Marketing & Advocacy
Our experienced staff boast years of marketing and advertising know-how, and offer a full suite of services to build value for your members while taking your message to the forefront.
- Website Services – From web design and creation to ongoing management, we offer a true full service solution.
- Digital Presence – Social media is our specialty, promoting traffic to your website while supplementing marketing initiatives to build value for your members, both current and prospective
- Creative Writing and Design – Our staff have years of advertising and marketing experience, bringing vibrance to your messaging.
- Advocacy – From grass-roots lobbying campaigns and correspondence to the development of databases to support those activities, we take your objectives where they need to go.
While some AMCs experience a high rate of staff transiency, Essentient prides itself on maintaining a stable team, ensuring consistency and continuity for our clients.
Our team is strongly supported in ongoing professional development pursuits by belonging to the Canadian Society of Association Executives, Meeting Professionals International, the Association Management Company Institute and the American Society of Association Executives.
Constance Wrigley-Thomas, CAE
Owner/Executive Director Services
Associate Executive Director
Director of Events
Director of Marketing & Communications
Digital Media Specialist
Unlike many Association Management Companies who are either secretariat or event companies first, Essentient is an AMC first and provides full-service management to each one of its valued clients. From governance to finance, marketing communications to events, and membership development to technology, our experienced and strategic team of association professionals has every one of your organization’s needs covered.
In August 2019, Constance Wrigley-Thomas recorded this video for the AMC Institute's Chapter Training Academy. This well-researched presentation provides a great overview of Canadian associations. Click the image to view.
AMC Essentials Association management companies are committed to staying ahead of the curve. Whether it be technology platforms, association management practice, event trends or expertise, AMCs are always upping their game to help their association clients function...
AMC Essentials Association management companies, or AMCs, are for-profit businesses that manage associations to help them grow and prosper. They offer the expertise, staffing and resources that allow professional societies, trade groups, not-for-profits and...
The Canadian Society of Association Executives (CSAE) recognized two members of the Essentient Association Management team during CSAE's virtual awards gala held on April 21, 2021. The CSAE Awards and Recognition Program recognizes the best and brightest in Canadian...
The staff at Essentient Association Management take their roles seriously and are always seeking ways to assist our clients in being more effective, efficient and innovative. This is what drives us every single day. Doing a great job takes more than just know how and...
It was recently announced by the Canadian Society of Association Executives (CSAE) that three Essentient Association Management staff have been nominated for CSAE Awards. The winners will be announced on April 21, 2021. Donna Mary Shaw Award for Emerging Leaders -...
The AMC Institute Canadian Chapter recently announced their 2021/2022 Board of Directors. Constance Wrigley-Thomas, CAE, Owner/CEO of Essentient completed her term as President and will serve as Immediate Past President and Chair of Nominations. Constance is the...
Essentient Association Management contributed to Black History Month 2021 with its Black Voices campaign. The campaign ran five days per week from February 1st and wrapped up February 24th. The campaign was featured on Essentient's Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram...
Constance Wrigley-Thomas, CAE, founder and owner of Essentient Association Management was recently featured in two explainer videos that were developed by OREA for local real estate associations, their volunteers and staff. Both videos are on the topic of mentorship,...
Essentient Association Management was invited by Suzanne F. Stevens, CSP and the Canadian Association of Professional Speakers, to participate in a video series, along with eleven other industry leaders, to discuss what our clients want in a virtual event speaker....