Careers at Essentient
POSTED NOVEMBER 3, 2021
Part Time Associate Executive Director – Essentient Association Management & Events
Essentient Association Management & Events (Essentient A.M.C. Inc.) was launched in January 2005 to assist volunteer directed associations in meeting their objectives by providing strategic leadership, administrative support and freeing up associations’ otherwise valuable resources to concentrate on tasks fundamental to their organization’s mission.
Based in Burlington, Ontario, Essentient is a full service AMC and event company that provides strategic and operational support to not-for-profit enterprises regionally, provincially, nationally and internationally. As a founding member of the AMC Institute Canadian Chapter, Essentient is a leader in the AMC space.
Serve as an Association Manager for one of Essentient’s clients. This position will be the primary point of contact for the assigned client. There is potential for this position to become full time.
Within the Scope of Services this position will provide services to support the client association in the areas of:
Leadership (Governance, Board and Committee Support)
- Provide professional counsel to client Boards of Directors.
- Attend all board meetings.
- Contribute to the formulation of client policies, programs and procedures.
- Implement board decisions.
- Balance the clients’ programs and services with their mission statement and strategic plan.
- Help clients set realistic goals, strategies and tactics.
- Take the initiative to help clients implement strategies and tactics and achieve their goals.
- Manage projects to ensure targets, deadlines and financial goals are met.
- Report to board on a regular basis.
- Work with support staff as appropriate on execution of responsibilities.
- Keep client president or designated contacts fully informed of matters affecting the association.
- Provide committee support.
- Take a proactive role in providing leadership support and actively participate in clients’ meetings.
- Assist client with developing strategies and tactics to sustain and grow membership.
- Share latest best practices on membership with board/committees.
- Work with our team to develop and disseminate membership surveys as requested by client.
- Implement membership campaigns as requested by client.
- Assist client with budget development and maintaining adherence to the budget.
- Regularly monitor clients’ financial position; send monthly financial reports to Client President and Treasurer accompanied by an executive summary.
- Work with Essentient Association Management’s staff accountant to fulfill financial responsibilities requested by the clients including presenting and explaining financial statements as needed.
Communications & Publications
- Work with Essentient Association communications to create client’s marketing collateral.
- Work with communications staff in sending broadcast e-mails.
- Work with communications staff in ensuring client web site is kept up to date.
- Balance and allocate resources to meet client and Essentient Association Management objectives.
- Maintain effective working relationships with officers, members, client staff, vendors and other parties associated with meeting the clients’ needs.
- Understand, anticipate, and interpret the client’s needs, goals and plans.
- Provide strong leadership to the client: set objectives, plan strategy, develop budgets, plan and execute actions, and report and interpret results. Overall responsibility is to optimize the client’s satisfaction.
- Plan and prioritize all of the sub-activities related to the above points with the goal of achieving agreed business aims.
- Attend and present at client meetings and functions, plus internal meetings; observe and report in both directions to ensure clarity and understanding is achieved and all client business activities function smoothly.
- Orchestrate the cross-functional business flow integrating Essentient’s administrative, finance and communications staff with the client’s team.
- Communicate, liaise, and negotiate internally and externally ensuring all participants understand tasks and timelines and be accountable, as the manager, for the results.
- Effectively manage files and materials, personal time and productivity.
- Effectively use Essentient’s technical resources and available client resources to gather required information or communicate internally and externally.
- Plan, produce and deliver professional meeting packages, reports and presentations for the client.
- Respond to and follow up internal and external inquiries using appropriate and timely methods.
Attend training to develop relevant knowledge, techniques and skills.
Travel as required to client board and other meetings which may include overnights and occasional night/weekend work.
- University degree or college diploma in general arts or business.
- 5 plus years working in association management. A CAE designation, while not mandatory, is desired.
- Tech-savvy with the ability to quickly learn new applications. (Essentient currently works in a PC environment and utilizes the most up to date programs.)
- Bilingualism, while not required, is desired for this role
- A very positive, professional and flexible demeanor is required.
- Must be a strategic thinker with the ability to anticipate the needs of the clients; to learn quickly, organize details with minimal supervision; and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Must maintain confidentiality.
- Strong customer service focus and the ability to work collaboratively.
- Excellent spelling, grammar, and editing skills.
- Fanatical attention to detail, accuracy, and deadlines.
This position is approximately 30 hours per week.
To apply, please send your resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.